Tuesday, March 12, 2013

FACT AND OPINION

I've been teaching for over a decade and I'm now a Coach for Teachers as it relates to various subject areas.  In all of my years in education, I found FACT AND OPINION still remains to be a skill in which students have little familiarity.  I've analyzed data on several STATE ASSESSMENTS, and found students often times answer these particular questions incorrectly.  I feel students need more HANDS ON practice with this skill and they need more handy strategies for answering FACT AND OPINION questions. 

Click on the link below for a Common Core aligned (out of the box) literacy center.....

Fact and Opinion (Common Core Aligned)


This is a wonder literacy unit. It includes 2 cookie mats, and multiple chocolate chip facts and opinions. Also, included are various extension sheets for your students to complete. This unit includes a nonfiction passage. According to the Common Core standards, students must have a lot of exposure to Nonfiction texts.

No comments:

Post a Comment